(Big League Politics) – Former president Donald Trump has written an op-ed that outlines a plan to help abolish critical race theory indoctrination in American schools.
RealClearPolitics published Trump’s op-ed, titled “A Plan to Get Divisive & Radical Theories Out of Our Schools,” on Friday.
The 45th president blasts Joe Biden and his administration for working to push a “critical race theory-inspired curriculum on American schoolchildren.” Citing a Department of Education rule published in the Federal Register, Trump says the rule explicitly mentions the New York Times’ pseudo-historical, ideologically-driven “1619 Project” as its motivation.
“Instead of helping young people discover that America is the greatest, most tolerant, and most generous nation in history, [critical race theory]teaches them that America is systemically evil and that the hearts of our people are full of hatred and malice,” he writes.
Trump notes that “most Americans oppose this insanity” and lauds the efforts of parents “from Loudoun County, Va., to Cupertino, Calif.,” to speak out against it. But “what they need now is a plan to actually stop it,” he says just before offering his own seven-point plan to address the problem:
1) State legislatures should pass laws banning taxpayer dollars for school districts and workplaces that teach critical race theory, which, according to Trump, “inherently violates existing anti-discrimination laws.”
2) States should create their own versions of the 1776 Commission that Trump created at the federal level just before the end of his presidency.
3) States should pass laws requiring schools to make available “every handout, article, and reading … in an online portal that allows parents to see what their kids are being taught.”
4) Parents should work together in their school district to eliminate civics curricula that “contort traditional civics education into a vehicle for political indoctrination.”
5) Parents should be entitled to an “automatic voucher” that allows them to pick another school for their children if they deem that the material they’re learning is offensive.
6) States should establish “alternative credentialing bodies” to mitigate the overwhelming influence of teachers who have “graduated from extremely biased education schools and may not even be aware of the degree to which leftist ideology has permeated their curriculum.”
7) States should “break the tenure monopoly in public K-12 schools.”
“The motive behind all of this left-wing lunacy is to discredit and eliminate the greatest obstacles to the fundamental transformation of America,” Trump concludes. “The left knows that if they can dissolve our national memory and identity, they can gain the total political control they crave.
“A nation is only as strong as its spirit. For our children, we must act before it is too late.”