(The Post Millennial) – The Duke of York had his official social media accounts deleted by Buckingham Palace on Wednesday, following the announcement that he would be losing the title of His Royal Highness (HRH).
Prince Andrew’s Facebook page is in the process of being deleted, while his Instagram page has been made private. His Twitter was also deleted.
According to the Telegraph, his feature page on the Royal family’s website was changed to show the statement that confirmed that Andrew would not be carrying out any public duties, and that he would be losing his military titles. All titles are now shown in the past tense.
Last week, Buckingham Palace announced that Prince Andrew would be stripped of his HRH title.
“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
“With The Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen,” Buckingham Palace said.
The prince currently facing a lawsuit that accuses him of sexually abusing then-teenager Virginia Guiffre. Giuffre is currently suing Prince Andrew for several million. She also alleges that Prince Andrew and Epstein trafficked her for the purpose of sex.
Last week, a federal judge in New York ruled that the civil case against Prince Andrew can proceed, after it was determined that a 2009 deal signed by Giuffre and Epstein did not protect the royal figure from being sued.